CROSS COUNTRY TRAINING
Train with excellence at The Grand Oaks’ Cross Country Training Area designed by Clayton Fredricks, FEI Licensed Course Designer.
Come and use this facility for only $50 per horse, per visit. Please note that reservations are required, and that unannounced hall-ins are not allowed. Reservations are made by date and time (8:00 AM to Noon or 1:00 pm to 5:00 PM time slots).
Please contact us for more information, to make your reservation, and for details on training opportunities with expert cross country champions.
To make reservations for sports or equine activities, please call 352.750.5500.
- Use Trailer Entrance — 3121 Griffin Avenue, Lady Lake, FL 32159.
- At four way stop, continue straight.
- Park in Temporary Stabling Paddock by the Chapel.
- An envelope with your name on it will be in the Information Box in the Parking Area.
- The envelope will contain a Grand Oaks Liability waiver to be completed by all guests (riders and non-riders), a back number to be worn by riders and other useful information.
Cross Country Training Rules
In order to participate, guests must READ and AGREE TO the rules listed below.
- Guests are not permitted to mount until a signed liability waiver and payment have been secured by Grand Oaks Operating, LLC.
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Riders are required to wear an ASTM (or higher) Certified Equestrian helmet, correctly fitting, equestrian safety vest and identifying number (provided) while mounted.
- Obstacles must be jumped as flagged. red on right / white on left only.
- Be mindful of other guests. There may be Carriages or Pedestrians in the woods at any time. No galloping in the woods. Woodland footing is not prepared/manicured. Use caution.
- The log loop jumps in the woods are one way only! the logs are numbered. do not ride the loop backwards.
- Minors must be accompanied by a trainer or coach for supervision/safety.
- The Grand Oaks reserves the right to revoke schooling privileges to any guests observed to be riding in a “dangerous” or “reckless” manner. Please train within your and your horse’s ability.
3000 Marion County Road
Weirsdale, Florida 32195